Quick! Get your pans ready for a valentine gift surprise by making this beautiful pie! Show your families you love them and build this heart shaped pizza in easy steps. From the Reporter Times, here's one way to make a grat pie:
Pizza Sauce (buy one in red or white)
Toppings (any of your preference)Directions:
- Sprinkle a small amount of flour on a smooth, even surface to roll the dough into.
- Put a small amount of flour on the dough.
- Knead the dough. Consult the packaging the dough came in or your specific recipe for how long you should continue kneading.
- Roll the dough into a circle.
- Alternate pulling and rolling until your crust is the desired thickness.
- Create the “heart” shape.
- Locate the middle at the top of the circle.
- Pull the middle down to create the two “humps” at the top of the heart.
- At the bottom of the circle, pull the dough down to create a point.
- If needed, you can use a pair of scissors or knife to cut around the edge and make the heart shaped more defined.
- Spread on the pizza sauce. Tip: Use the back of a large spoon.
- Add the toppings of your choice.
- Bake in the oven at the temperature and for the time recommended by your dough recipe or packaging.
- Check out this Martha Stewart video for additional tips on how best to make a heart shaped pizza.