If you've tried California Pizza's roll that tastes like a pizza with avocado and if you love the pie, here's a recipe you can use to copy that. From MJ and Hungryman, here's a baked avocado club egg roll with spicy ranch dip.Ingredients:
1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
2 strips applewood smoked bacon, cooked and chopped
2 small Haas avocados, diced
1/4 cup diced red onion
2 Tbs chopped cilantro
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
salt and pepper for seasoning
8 egg roll wrappers
Spicy Ranch Dip
1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
2 Tbs mayonnaise
1 tsp lemon juice
1 Tbs finely diced jalapeño
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried parsley
2 Tbs chopped chivesDirections:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray baking tray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients for the filling (sans eggroll wrappers).
- One at a time, lay the wrappers on a clean surface. Add filling (about 1/4 cup) to the center. Fold the bottom edge/point over the filling, then fold in the left and right sides so that they overlap slightly. Roll up to enclose the filling, moistening the last edge/point with water to seal. Place on the greased tray and repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- Bake egg rolls for 10 minutes. Turn the egg rolls over and spray the other side. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with spicy ranch dip.