Sometimes the simplicity of a cheese pizza is the perfect answer. This cheese pizza is one of the best.
Best Ever Cheese Pizza (Source)
1 ½ tablespoon cornmeal
1 – 8 oz whole wheat pizza dough ball
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped fine
1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella
½ cup fresh Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, shredded
3 basil leaves, chiffonade cut
- If using a pizza stone, place it in oven about 40 minutes before you’re ready to begin cooking and turn the heat to 450. If not using a stone, preheat oven to 450.
- Sprinkle the pizza stone or pizza pan with cornmeal.
- Toss the pizza dough into a 12 inch circle, then place on pizza pan or pizza stone. Dock the bottom of the pizza with a fork to prevent bubbles from popping up.
- Pour olive oil onto the pizza crust. Use a pizza brush to spread over the pizza. Add minced garlic and spread on crust. Sprinkle finely chopped parsley over the oil and garlic.
- Place the mozzarella over the oil, garlic and parsley in a single layer. Overlap as little as possible. Sprinkle the Parmigiano Reggiano evenly over top of the mozzarella. Top the pizza with the chiffonade cut basil leaves.
- Slide pizza onto pan or stone. Bake between 10-12 minutes or until crust is crispy and the cheese is melted.