This recipe helps make a great gluten free base for your favorite toppings.
Best Gluten-Free Pizza Crust (Source)
½ cup brown rice flour
½ cup sorghum flour
½ cup tapioca starch
¼ cup quinoa flakes
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
½ cup warm water
½ cup warm milk
2 teaspoons instant yeast
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Whisk together all dry ingredients except the yeast. Add them to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add ½ cup of the flour mixture to a separate mixing bowl. Whisk in the yeast and set aside.
- Beat together the wet ingredients and add to the flour / yeast mixture. Stir to combine. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Add this liquid mixture to the dry mixture and beat on medium for 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Cover and let dough rest for another 30 minutes.
- While the dough is rising, preheat oven to 425F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- After dough has rested, pour some olive oil into the center of the baking sheet and turn the dough out. Using wet hands, spread the dough until it is ¼ inch thick. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until it is brown and slightly crispy.
- Add toppings of your choice, return to oven and bake another 5-10 minutes.