This list of ingredients may make you stop dead in your tracks for a moment for they seem to be unlikely additives in a pizza. But there’s the words of that old song, ‘anything goes’ and just like best friends, these flavors mingle well and complement each other.
Did you know that blue cheese was probably discovered by accident? The caves in which early cheeses were aged shared the properties of being temperature and moisture controlled environments, as well as being favorable to many varieties of harmless mold.
This recipe, however, is no accident and is unexpectedly delicious. Prep time is estimated to be about 20 minutes and it will yield 8 servings.
Dare to think outside that conventional pizza box and try this!
2 tablespoons butter
2 pears, cored and each cut into 12 long slices
2 tablespoons brown sugar splenda
4-8 inch ready to use pizza crusts
1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
1 cup shredded low-fat Mozzarella cheese,
3/4 cup Bleu cheese, crumbled
3/4 cup crumbled and cooked turkey bacon
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees
2. Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the pears and sprinkle with brown sugar splenda.
4. Cook stirring gently for 2-3 minutes until splenda is melted and coating the pears.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Place the pizza crusts on a baking sheet and spread with Alfredo Sauce.
7. Dividing among all four crusts, top with half of the mozzarella, the blue cheese, bacon, pears and remaining mozzarella.
8. Bake 6-8 minutes or until topping is golden brown and bubbly.