There is no doubt that kids are difficult to feed especially if they don't like fruits or vegetables. Here's one trick to make them eat - the buffalo veggie pizza. Its filled with mushrooms, brussels sprouts and all those things you want your child to eat! Ingredients:
Premade pizza crust or dough
¼ c + Buffalo sauce (not hot sauce, I recommend Frank’s)
4 Brussels sprouts
4 baby bella mushrooms
½ – 1 c cheddar cheese (I used Daiya cheddar style shreds)
nutritional yeast or Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. olive oil (optional)Directions:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- If you’re using dough, roll out the dough to your desired size and place on a heated pizza stone or baking sheet (for premade crust, follow instructions as it may be necessary to put right on the oven rack).
- Brush the crust with the oil, all the way to the edges (can use nonstick spray, if preferred). Lightly sprinkle garlic powder across the entire crust. Sprinkle nutritional yeast or Parm around the outer edge.
- Pour ¼ c buffalo sauce on the crust, and spread like pizza sauce with a spoon.
- Sprinkle cheese across the sauce.
- Slice the mushrooms and Brussels longitudinally into about 4 slices. Arrange on the top of the pizza.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the crust is cooked through and the cheese is melty.
- Drizzle extra hot sauce on top, if desired.
- For a pizza crust recipe, see here. Don’t bake the crust in advance.
- For a GF pizza, use a GF crust recipe (like this cauliflower crust) or premade crust.
- Nutritional estimate not included, as it will vary greatly based on the crust and buffalo sauce you use (one linked above is calorie free).