It definitely looks like a pizza but its texture screams noodles! Its a new way to see the pizza and noodle feud come to an end and you could try it at home by following Inspiralized's recipe of a Cajun Broccoli Potato Noodle Pizza.Ingredients:
2 large (320g) sweet potatoes, peeled, Blade C
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 medium eggs
8-10 small broccoli florets
1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tsp cajun seasoning
1 tsp parmesan cheeseDirections:
- Preheat the oven to a high broil.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat, coat with cooking spray and add in your potato noodles, seasoning with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook, tossing frequently, until the potato noodles cook and are softened.
- Place your cooked noodles into a bowl and add in the eggs. Toss to combine until the eggs coat the noodles.
- Add the coated potato noodles into a 10” cast-iron skillet and place a piece of aluminum foil or wax paper on top. Press down with fingers to compress the noodles.
- Remove the foil/wax paper and place on the stovetop over medium heat. Let cook for about 4 minutes and then flip over. This will be very messy, but once you flip over, make sure to adjust noodles so that the uncooked ones are on the bottom of the skillet. Take your spatula and compress the “pizza crust” by pressing down.
- Once you place your pizza onto the skillet, also place another medium skillet over medium heat and add in the broccoli. Season with pepper and let cook for 5 minutes. Turn off heat when finished. Leave broccoli in the skillet.
- Let cook for another 4 minutes. Then, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top, leaving 1” on the perimeter. Add the cooked broccoli evenly on top of the cheese, sprinkle over the cajun seasoning and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Place the skillet in the broiler and broil for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted fully. Remove and slice into 4 large slices or 8 small slices. Enjoy!