This dessert pizza, which serves eight hungry people, is a chocolate lover’s delight. Layered with sweet caramelized pears and rich dark chocolate, this recipe is enough to make any pizza gourmand believe they have died and gone to heaven.
When the world of fruit chocolate and pizza beckons; you must answer the call. The prep time for this culinary delight is estimated at 10 minutes and about the same for cooking time. For those who believe that food has no soul, they need to try this recipe (and seek salvation later).
So sit back, take a bite and…experience joy unparalleled!
2 small red Bartlett pears, thick sliced, seeds and stems removed
1 12-inch prepared pizza crust, warm
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 wedge double cream cheese (such as brie), thin sliced
2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
1. Melt butter in sauté pan; add sugar and pear slices. Sauté over medium-low heat until pears are golden and caramelized.
2. Combine heavy cream and chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water and cook until chocolate is smooth and melted; whisking occasionally. Keep warm.
3. Slice warm pizza crust into 8 pieces.
4. To assemble each dessert pizza; arrange 1 slice pizza crust on plate. Top with 2 cheese slices, 1 pear slice, another slice of pizza crust, 2 cheese slices and 1 pear slice.
5. Drizzle warm chocolate sauce over top. Repeat with remaining dessert pizza.