The Caribbean Sea holds many secrets and down through the ages its very name conjures images of swashbuckling pirates, buried treasure, romantic liaisons and sultry nights of tropical splendor. Rarely does pizza emerge as one of the nouns associated with this dazzling body of water, but now all that has changed.
The basic flavoring in this pizza is a mélange of Caribbean jerk marinade and barbecue sauce mixed with chunks of pineapple. Don’t knock it before you try it, for you may find it to be altogether pleasing to your palette.
This unusual pizza requires just about 10 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes cooking time. It serves three and is a recipe that you will make time and time again.
2 boneless chicken breasts
3/4 cup Caribbean jerk marinade
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
8 ounces pepper jack cheese (monterey, shredded)
1/2 red onion (chopped finely)
3/4 cup pineapple chunks (juice drained)
1 thin pizza crust (ready made)
1 tablespoon cilantro (dried)
1. Cut chicken into thick slices. Marinate chicken thighs in jerk marinade in refrigerator, as long as possible.
2. Remove from marinade; discard marinade.
3. Cook chicken in Zip N Steam Bag for about 7-9 minutes or until cooked through.
4. Spoon barbecue sauce over the pizza crust and then the cheese.
5. Top pizza with sliced chicken, red onion and pineapple.
7. Sprinkle lightly with dried cilantro before baking.
8. Bake pizza at 375ºF, 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Cut, serve and enjoy.