With this recipe, you can use your favorite homemade crust, but a store-bought crust works great too.
Chicken Avocado Pizza (Source)
2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally to make thin
Olive oil for the chicken and for drizzling on the crust
Salt and pepper to taste
3 whole avocados, ripe but not overly soft, peeled, pitted and sliced
Lime juice, for squeezing over avocados
1 whole medium to large pizza crust, unbaked
8 oz, Mozzarella cheese, sliced thin or grated
½ whole red onions, minced finely
1 cup cilantro leaves
½ cup red grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced thin
3 whole green onions, sliced
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil on a grill pan or in a skillet and cook the chicken on both sides until done in the middle, about 3-5 minutes per side depending on thickness. Remove from the pan, allow to cool slightly, then slice into thin pieces. Set aside.
- Toss the avocado in lime juice, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 500F. Roll out pizza dough until very thin and place on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and smear all over the surface of the dough with your fingers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay on the mozzarella, chicken, avocado slices. Sprinkle on minced red onions. Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper, then place pan in the oven.
- Bake the pizza for 12-15 minutes, or until crust is golden and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and immediately add cilantro, tomatoes and green onions on top. Squeeze a little more lime juice, slice and serve immediately.