Chocolate lovers will find this pizza to be a great dessert option.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pizza (Source)
1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust
1 tablespoon butter, melted
½ cup Oreo crumbs
1 recipe of eggless cookie dough (see below)
6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
chocolate sauce for drizzling
Eggless Cookie Dough
¾ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
¾ cup dark brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
1-2 tablespoons milk
½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Unroll pie crust. Lay flat on a 12 inch pizza pan. Poke all over with a fork.
- Brush the top of the pie crust with melted butter.
- Sprinkle Oreo crumbs over the buttered pie crust.
- Bake pie crust at 350F for about 10 minutes, until edges start to brown.
- Remove crust from oven and allow to cool.
- For making the cookie dough, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- With mixer on low speed, add flour.
- Add milk to preferred thickness.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Dough will be thick, set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in a metal bowl.
- Microwave heavy cream until it starts to boil. Remove from microwave and pour over chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl with Saran wrap for 5-7 minutes.
- Whisk chocolate and cream until smooth.
- Allow ganache to sit for about 5 minutes, to thicken slightly, then pour over the pie crust and spread into an even layer.
- Drop bits of cookie dough on top of the chocolate ganache. It will create a thick layer of cookie dough.
- Top with chocolate sauce and additional chocolate chips.
- Store in refrigerator. Dough will be firm when cold, so remove from fridge about 20 minutes before serving, or pre-slice pizza.