Pizza toppings are born from and for the sake of experimentation, even though sometimes one may question exactly what the cook was thinking when he or she mixed certain ingredients together. Some things seem to fly in the face of logic; for example, wearing white after Labor Day and/or moving in with in-laws.
Despite this, every now and then a type of pizza comes along that defies tradition. Consider the Cinnamon Peach Dessert Recipe, and don’t be afraid to try it with your eyes wide open!
This pizza is inexpensive, fast and delicious. Many love its texture and flavor and particularly, the unusual combination of cinnamon and peaches.
1 pizza crust
2 medium peaches
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 small onion
2 large sausage links
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup cilantro
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Set the oven for 375 degrees.
2. Cut one peach into slices and very finely chop the other. Drain the chopped pieces on a paper towel while you prepare the onion and sausage.
3. Melt the butter and brown sugar in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sausage and cook until lightly browned.
4. Roll out the pizza crust in a greased and floured jelly-roll pan or on a pizza stone.
5. Top the crust with the chopped peaches, then add the sliced peaches, onions, sausage, ricotta cheese, cilantro, and cinnamon.
6. Bake for approximately 15 minutes.
Some suggest that this pizza recipe is even better when nuts are added to offset the wet toppings.
Try it and judge for yourself.