Soup is much better if it taste like pizza and SweetTwisofBlogging just gave away a recipe with pizza written all over it. Ingredients:
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 can Italian Style tomatoes, chunky
1 1/2 -2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1 cup chopped pepperoni
1/2 cup cooked, chopped bacon
Feel free to add peppers or other veggies you might put on pizza as well.
3 or 4 1 inch slices of sourdough bread
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shreddedDirections:
1) With a hand blender, puree down some of the tomatoes.
2) Add tomatoes, onion, mushrooms and beef broth to a crockpot. Set to low. Let simmer 5-6 hours.
3) In the last half hour add pepperoni and bacon.
4) Preheat oven to 400F. Spread the garlic butter/spread onto the bread. Slice into large chunks (1 1/2 inch approx).
5) Place the cheese on top and bake for 4-5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Place croutons in the soup just before serving.