This simple flatbread pizza dough recipe will provide you with the crispy, thin crust foundation to support whatever toppings you choose.
Flatbread Pizza Dough (Source)
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons water, lukewarm
½ teaspoon active dry yeast
1 ½ teaspoon white sugar
1 cup + 1 tablespoon King Arthur Bread Flour
1 teaspoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Mix water, yeast and sugar in a medium bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes until dissolved.
- Add oil, flour, sprinkle salt on top of flour and mix until combined.
- Knead by hand for 7 minutes or in a stand mixer with dough hook attachment for 5 minutes. Dough should be smooth in appearance when stretched into a ball.
- Cover and let rise in bowl for approximately three hours or until approximately tripled in size.
- With baking stone on second from the top rack, pre-heat oven and baking stone to 500F for 45+ minutes before baking.
- Remove dough and lightly flour the outside.
- Roll dough out on floured parchment paper until approximately 12’ (oval or circle) Take care to make sure the thickness of the dough is even.
- Using a fork or a dough docker, make a series of indentations around the flattened dough to limit large pockets from forming when baked.
- Keep on parchment and transfer to pizza peel.
- Top with a light amount of your choice of toppings.
- Bake on baking stone for approximately 4-6 minutes or until crust is golden in color.