Using your grill and low-calorie, healthy topping choices can make for some great pizzas.
Garlic Bread Pizza (Source)
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp minced garlic
2 whole wheat pizza crusts
1 cup part-skim ricotta
2 Tbsp finely grated parmesan
¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
2 Tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Set grill to medium-high heat
- Mix 1 Tbsp olive oil and minced garlic
- Brush one side of each of the pizza crusts with half of the garlic oil
- Place crusts oil side down on grill. Heat until bottoms are golden, 2 minutes.
- Flip crusts and brush with remaining garlic oil mix.
- Top crusts evenly with ricotta and parmesan.
- Grill until bottoms are golden, 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle evenly with pine nuts, parsley and black pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cut each pizza into 4 slices and serve.