Inspired by Greek cuisine, this special pizza recipe is not only delicious but is also low in fat as well. It’s sort of like having your cake, eating your cake and not paying for your cake in the way most of us who over-indulge do.
A low fat pizza is a curious wonder especially because it can be just as delicious as its higher fat counterparts.
This pizza recipe features a blend of traditional Greek ingredients: oregano, feta cheese and lamb and serves 6. It contains approximately 275 calories per slice.
½ pound lean ground lamb
1 onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed
1 teaspoon oregano leaves
¼ teaspoon salt
? teaspoon pepper
? cup plain low-fat yogurt
4 pita breads
1 tomato, chopped
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, combine lamb, onion, garlic, and celery over medium heat. 3. Sauté abut 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and lamb is browned.
4. Drain thoroughly.
5. Press spinach between paper towels and drain.
6. Add spinach, oregano, salt, and pepper, to skillet.
7. Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 5 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and add the yogurt.
9. Place pita breads on a cookie sheet and divide spinach mixture among the breads.
10. Sprinkle with feta and Parmesan cheese.
11. Bake until pita is toasted and cheese melted, about for 15 to 25.
Serve immediately and savor each scrumptious bite.
Ole (or something like that).