Although this combination of ingredients may seem like a misread of some sorts, this pizza recipe is a delightful voyage of discovery for the palette.
While curry and chicken are a familiar blend in many Indian dishes, honey and curry is quite another story. Sweet and savory to say the least, this combo represents an explosion of taste and gastronomical pleasure.
This recipe will make more than 10 servings and takes a total of 45 minutes preparation time.
1 diced onion (optional)
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 pack dehydrated tomatoes
4 tablespoons ground curry
1 teaspoon salt
2-4 chicken breasts
3/4 cup honey
1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 package frozen pizza dough (Make sure you have enough dough for 2 pizzas.)
1. Prepare dough. If it is frozen, just spread on 1 large baking sheet or 2 smaller ones.
2. Cut chicken breasts into bite-size pieces and put into large skillet with diced onion and minced garlic. Cook together until chicken is done.
3. In another smaller pot or pan reconstitute the tomatoes. You can just boil them for a few minutes. Make sure to drain.
4. In a large bowl mix the cooked chicken, tomatoes, honey, salt, and curry. Spread the mix evenly between the two pizzas or one large pizza.
5. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
6. Cook dough according to package directions; just around 15 minutes.
Enjoy this unusual pizza recipe. Tell your friends or better yet, invite them over for a slice.
Joy loves company.