This variation of a typical pizza / cheesy bread is extra spicy for those looking to heat things up.
Jalapeno Popper Cheesy Garlic Bread (Source)
1 loaf Italian bread
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 to 1.5 teaspoon garlic powder
4 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup sour cream
½ cup pickled jalapeno slices, divided
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the bread lengthwise and place both parts face up on the sheet.
- Brush both pieces with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and place in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, divide the jalapenos. Save the nicest slices to place on top of the bread (about ¼ cup). Chop the rest.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, chopped jalapenos, salt and pepper.
- Remove the bread from the oven. Uncover. Spread the jalapeno dip mixture on the bread, dividing evenly between the two pieces of the bread. Top with cheese, then arrange the reserved jalapeno slices over the cheese.
- Place bread back in the oven for 2 to 4 more minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board. Let cool for a few minutes, slice and serve.