This is an easy Mexican style pizza in a great deep dish style.
Jimmy’s Mexican Pizza
½ pound ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1 (16 oz) can refried beans
4 (10 oz) flour tortillas
½ cup salsa
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 green onions, chopped
2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
¼ cup thinly sliced jalapeno pepper
¼ cup sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 2 pie plates with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place beef, onion and garlic in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until beef is evenly browned. Drain grease. Season the meat with chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Lay one tortilla in each pie plate and cover with layer of refried beans. Spread half of the seasoned ground beef over each one, then cover with second tortilla. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove plates from oven and let cool slightly. Spread half of the salsa over each top tortilla. Cover each pizza with half of the Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses. Place half of the tomatoes, half of the green onions and half of the jalapeno slices onto each one.
- Return pizzas to the oven. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted. Remove from oven. Let cool slightly before slicing and serving.