Most people almost drool just thinking of pizza but people can also get fat engorging themselves on them. But in the typical American family setting, pizza is like the staple food of many homes, the most common quick way to feast in hunger. Unfortunately, commercialized pizza has its own down side including costs, fat and nutrition. This dish can even lower energy levels in kids and adults as it lacks vitamins and minerals.
The best way to give yourself and your kids good nutrition in pizza is by making your own. It does not have to be very presentable like gourmet pizzas or commercialized ones, all that matters are the ingredients it contains. It's quick, easy and yummy!
Pepperoni Pizza Bake Recipe
2 11-oz. tubes refrigerated breadstick dough
1 6-oz. pkg. turkey pepperoni slices
1 8-oz. pkg. fresh mushroom slices (optional, or use veggie of choice)
1 26-oz. jar spaghetti sauce
8 oz. Cabot 75% Reduced Fat Cheddar or 50% Reduced Fat Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Open breadstick dough and cut into 1-inch pieces.
3. Place dough pieced in a large bowl. Add pepperoni, mushrooms and spaghetti sauce. Toss well to combine.
4. Pour into a 13-x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, then top with cheese and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Makes 9 servings.