This pizza recipe is a frugal cook’s delight as it is made from leftovers. You can use shredded chicken as well for this innovative and delicious dish.(Photo)
Pulled pork in all of its diverse forms is becoming more and more popular as a barbecue. It is usually made from the shoulder or mixed cuts and is cooked using a low-heat over a few hours. This renders the resulting meat tender enough so that it can be pulled or broken into individual pieces.
How commonly pulled pork is used in pizza recipes is anyone’s guess, but this recipe is one that you will make many times once you try it; that is a fact.
This pizza requires about 40 minutes of preparation and 55 minutes in total including cooking time.
1 loaf bread dough (Rhodes, thawed risen or pizza crust of your choice)
1/3 cup barbecue sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup pork (bbq pulled or shredded or 1 cup chicken bbq pulled or shredded)
1/2 cup pineapple chunks
hot pepper (pizza peppers optional)
1. Form dough into a ball and then roll into approximately a 13-inch long oval.
2. Place on a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 425°.
5. Remove the plastic wrap and spread the BBQ sauce onto the dough, leaving approximately a 1/2 inch edge around the dough.
6. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the sauce and cover evenly.
7. Top the cheese with the BBQ pork or chicken and pineapple.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
9. Let cool for 5 minutes, cut with pizza cutter, top with pizza peppers (optional).
You will love this different and very economical pizza recipe.