Everyone loves a loaded baked potato. Here’s all that flavor in a pizza recipe.
Loaded Baked Potato Pizza (Source)
¼ cup olive oil
1 pound pizza dough, room temperature
4 small red potatoes, boiled and sliced
6 oz sour cream
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp Italian seasoning
6 strips bacon, diced
1 ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
¼ cup sliced green onions, green part only
- Add olive oil to a 10 inch cast iron skillet and place dough into the skillet. Using your fingertips, spread the dough as close to the edge as possible. It will shrink slightly back but you should have no more than ½ inch space between the dough and the pan.
- In a small pot add potatoes and cover with cold water. Cook until just fork tender. Drain and let cool. Once cool slice into ¼ inch slices.
- Preheat oven to 525F.
- In a small bowl mix together sour cream, garlic powder, black pepper and Italian seasoning, set aside.
- In a small skillet add diced bacon and cook until just slightly crisp. Do not fully crisp because it will also cook while in the oven. Drain the bacon on a paper towel.
- Spread sour cream mixture over the dough leaving ½ inch crust exposed at the edge.
- Top with 1 cup cheese, sliced potatoes and bacon. Top with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the dough is fully cooked and the top is melted and browned. You can check the doneness of the dough by slightly lifting the underside of the pizza out of the pan with a spatula. The underside of the crust will be a deep golden brown.
- Once fully cooked, remove from the oven, sprinkle with green onions and let sit for 5 minutes before you remove the pizza from the pan.