If you have ever been one of those college kids that have run out of things to eat and have resolved everything with a frozen dish, here's another way to lessen those fats and eat the same yummy treat instead!
Make these Mini Hawaiian portobello pizza bites from Live and Diet's recipe and you will surely forget buying those frozen goods from then on.Ingredients:
24 (or so) Portobello Mushrooms
1 1/2 C. Organic Pizza/Marinara Sauce
1 C. Skim Mozzarella Cheese
4 strips Turkey Bacon (I used Applegate Farms)
2 Pineapple Spears
Extra Virgin Olive Oil SprayDirections:
1. Set your oven to broil on high.
2. Rinse mushrooms and remove stems carefully, making sure not to break the caps.
3. Place caps on a baking sheet, spray with extra virgin olive oil, and pop in the oven to broil for about 5 minutes.
4. Cook turkey bacon in a skillet and then chop into tiny pieces.
5. Cut pineapple into tiny pieces.
6. When you remove the mushroom caps, they’ll be filled with water. Pour it out.
7. Fill the caps with about 1 T. of sauce and distribute the turkey bacon and pineapple between them. Then top each with cheese.
8. Return mushrooms to the oven for about 3-5 more minutes, or until cheese is nicely browned.