Some home makers have made use their creativity to make a delicious valentine's pizza treat just as the Law Student's Wife made a Peanut Butter S'mores Pizza for the holiday! Isn't it a sweet thing to eat during the day of hearts? Ingredients:
For the Honey Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
•1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons warm water (110 to 115 degrees F)
•1 (1/4 ounce) envelope dry active yeast (scant 2 1/4 teaspoons)
•1 tablespoon honey
•1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
•1 cup white whole wheat flour
•1 cup all purpose flour, plus extra for kneading
•1 teaspoon kosher salt
For the Pizza
•1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
•1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
•1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
•1/3 cup chopped milk chocolate (or milk chocolate chips)
•1 cup miniature marshmallows
For the Peanut Butter Sauce
•1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
•2 tablespoons confectioners’ (powdered) sugar
•1 tablespoon unsalted butter
•1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
•1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
•1/4 cup chopped honey roasted peanuts
- Prepare the dough: In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large mixing bowl), combine the warm water, yeast, honey, and olive oil. Add all of the white whole wheat flour, 1 cup of the all purpose flour, and salt. Mix on low speed (or by hand with a wooden spoon) just until dough comes together. Add remaining 1 cup flour a little at a time, just until the mixture forms a soft dough (you may not need the full cup.)
- If using a stand mixer, switch to a dough hook and mix on medium-low speed for about 10 minutes until smooth, adding a little flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking to the bowl. If kneading by hand, turn the dough onto a well-floured surface and knead for 12 minutes, incorporating additional flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking. Place the kneaded dough in a well-oiled bowl and turn to coat lightly with oil. Cover the bowl with a damp kitchen towel or plastic and allow it to rest in a warm, draft-free place for 30 minutes.
- Place rack in the upper third of oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or dust with cornmeal or flour. Turn risen dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 10-inch circle (it will be a little thick). Transfer dough to the prepared baking sheet, then press lightly all over with your finger tips to create “dimples.” Brush crust all over with 1 tablespoon melted butter and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Bake until pale golden and lightly crisp, about 20 minutes.
- While the pizza bakes, prepare the peanut butter sauce: In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the peanut butter, powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt. Stir until the butter melts and the sauce is smooth and pourable.
- Remove pizza from oven and immediately sprinkle with semi-sweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chunks. Scatter marshmallows all over the top, then return to oven for 1 minute, until the chocolate begins to melt and the marshmallows turn lightly golden. Drizzle with peanut butter sauce and top with honey roasted peanuts. Slice and serve immediately. Share with friends. Or not.