While this pizza may seem to come from somewhere beyond the outer limits and certainly nowhere near the borders of Italy, this pizza recipe is not only good; it also inspires improvisation and creativity. Consider substituting the protein; instead of chicken you could use salmon steaks or even swordfish. As Martha Stewart says: “It’s a good thing.”
Try it and see for yourself.
This recipe will make 4 pizzas and takes about 1½ hours to prepare. Cooking time is about 30 minutes.
2 1/4 pounds pizza dough
2/3 pound drained tomato pulp from a can
1 chicken breast, diced
2 slices pineapple, diced
1/4 pound cashew nuts
1/2 pound mascarpone cheese (mild cream cheese can also work)
poppy seeds or sesame seeds
1. Prepare the dough, divide it into 4 parts, and let them rise for an hour. In the meantime, peel the slices of pineapple and dice them.
2. Dice the chicken breast and sauté it in a quarter cup of olive oil, seasoning with salt to taste.
3. Sauté for about 4 minutes and then add pineapple.
4. After 2 or 3 more minutes, add the cashews.
5. Heat through, remove the skillet from the fire, and remove the excess oil.
6. Shape the dough into 4 disks, and spread the tomato over them; add a little olive oil and salt.
7. Spread the chicken mixture over the pizzas and bake them in a 450-degree oven for 10 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and distribute the cheese over them; sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds.
9. Bake another 10 minutes in a conventional oven and serve immediately.
Yum is the word!