Pizza doesn't need to have dough all the time, especially if your cutting on carbs. It could be on eggplant or focaccia bread, as previously featured, and now it could also be on mushrooms making pizza stuffed mushrooms like What's Gaby Cooking. Ingredients:
12 Baby Bella Mushrooms
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1/2 cup homemade pesto
8 ounces boccocini mozzarella balls
1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
handful of fresh basil, cut into a chiffonade
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
4 tablespoons Olive oilDirections:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stem. Place them bottom side up on a baking dish and drizzle them with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Put 2 teaspoons of pizza sauce and pesto into each cavity.
- Add 2-3 mozzarella balls on top of each mushrooms along with a sprinkle of sun-dried tomatoes.
- Transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and then cheese is melted.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top with the freshly cut basil and serve immediately.