This pizza has great flavor and might even convince you to become a beet enthusiast.
Roasted Beet Pizza (Source)
1 golden beet
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 10 inch basic pizza dough
½ cup (2 oz) crumbled feta cheese
¼ cup vertically sliced shallots
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Leave root and 1 inch of stem on beet. Scrub with a brush. Wrap beet in foil. Back at 450F for 40 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Trim off root, rub off skin. Cut beet in half crosswise. Thinly slice each half.
- Position an oven rack on the lowest setting. Place a pizza stone on lowest rack.
- Increase oven temperature to 500F. Preheat pizza stone 30 minutes before baking pizza.
- Gently brush oil over basic pizza dough. Arrange cheese, beet slices and shallots evenly over the dough, leaving ½ inch border. Slide dough onto preheated pizza stone, using spatula as a guide.
- Bake at 500F for 8 minutes or until crust is golden. Remove from pizza stone. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with honey. Cut into 8 wedges.