Adding a Southwestern twist to a pizza brings a great savory flavor to your taste buds.
Southwestern Pizza (Source)
2 small ears fresh corn
1 small fresh poblano chile
2 whole wheat pizza crusts
1 ¼ cups coarsely grated pepper jack (about 5 oz)
3 Tbsp roughly chopped red onion (about ½ small onion)
3 Tbsp cilantro leaves
Olive oil spray
Black pepper, freshly ground
- Set grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill corn and chile until charred. Cut kernels from cobs and peel, seed and chop poblano.
- Lightly coat 1 side of each pizza crust with olive oil spray. Place crusts oil side down on grill. Heat until bottoms are golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Flip crusts and sprinkle evenly with cheese, corn, poblano and onion.
- Grill until bottoms are golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle pizzas evenly with cilantro leaves and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cut each pizza into 4 slices and serve.