This pizza can be a great place to use up some leftover chicken. It’s also great with thinly sliced prosciutto used right when the pizza comes out of the oven.
Spring Vegetable Pizzas (Source)
1 jar (12 oz) marinated artichoke hearts, drained well, reserve the marinade. Quarter the hearts if they are whole
1 large bunch asparagus (1 pound), trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces. Halve lengthwise if thick.
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes halved
1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen and divided in half
7 oz Gruyere cheese, grated (3 cups)
- Heat oven to 500 degrees. Place racks in upper and lower thirds of the oven.
- Combine artichoke hearts, asparagus and tomatoes in a medium bowl.
- On large piece of parchment paper, brush 1 dough half with artichoke heart marinade and roll into 14 inch oval.
- Transfer dough onto rimmed baking sheet. Top with half the vegetables, leaving 1 inch border.
- Brush border with marinade. Season pizza with salt and pepper.
- Bake pizzas 10 minutes rotating sheets halfway through, sprinkle with cheese and bake until crust is deep golden and cheese is melted, an additional 3-5 minutes.