I am not so sure what strawberries and pesto taste like but this recipe was featured in Nosh and Nourish where this dish looks and tastes like Summer all the time. Try this recipe with this simple steps. Ingredients
1 package Pillsbury Simply Rustic French Loaf Dough
1 package Tube Basil (sold in the produce section, refrigerated)
1 package Parmesan & Romano Cheese
1 package Strawberries
1/2 cup Goat Cheese
8 Fresh Basil Leaves (optional)Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open Pillsbury Simply dough and unroll it flat onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Fold up 1/2 inch over each edge, to create a sort of "crust."
- "Paint" on the tube basil with a basil brush so that the dough is covered evenly.
- Cover the basil and dough with the parmesan/romano cheese.
- Thinly slice your strawberries, and layer them systematically over the dough/cheese.
- Lay a few basil leaves & goat cheese crumbles over the top (optional).
- Bake for 28 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned.