Not only does this rhyme, this weird pizza recipe is made WITHOUT sauce! How will you live without pizza sauce? You may ask and the answer is by using cheese as the base of this recipe instead. If you are scratching your head, just be patient and read on for clarification.
The vegetables bake down into the cheese and the whole pizza is topped with cold avocados and tomatoes. Sound too healthy to be a decent pizza? Well, it is much more than decent, but don’t take my word for it. Make it for yourself and seven hungry friends, if you dare. (If you don’t have seven friends, invite 3 and one half friends and eat the whole thing. If you don’t have three friends, that’s your problem, but you can contemplate the situation over several slices of this scrumptious pizza.)
This low fat pizza contains 397 calories per slice and 11 grams of fat.
1 12-inch pizza crust (see directions below)
2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
½ cup sliced black olives
2 green onions, sliced
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon seasoned salt
? teaspoon pepper
? teaspoon hot pepper sauce
12 plum tomatoes, sliced
To prepare pizza dough
This dough will require 1 hour and 27 minutes in total to make; preparation (1 hour, 15 minutes) and cooking time (12 minutes). It contains 89 calories per serving.
1 tbsp honey
1 package active dry yeast
¾ cup warm water (100-110 degrees)
2 cups bread flour
½ tsp salt
Directions for dough
1. Dissolve honey and yeast in warm water. Leave for 10 minutes until frothy.
2. In a large bowl stir flour and salt together. Add yeast mixture and stir with a palette knife until a dough ball forms.
3. Turn out on to floured surface and knead for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Form a ball and place in a lightly floured large bowl.
4. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and a damp cloth. Let mixture rise in a warm place for 1 hour, until doubled in size.
5. Remove dough from bowl and punch down on lightly floured surface. Roll into 12-inch circle and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
6. Pre-bake in a 425-degree oven for 5 minutes and then remove from oven.
7. Let cool for 10 minutes before adding toppings.
8. Sprinkle cooled crust with mozzarella cheese, red and green bell peppers, chilies, olives, and green onions.
9. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until toppings are hot and cheese is melted,
10. Meanwhile, back at the yum-yum ranch, prepare avocados, sprinkling with lemon juice.
11. In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, plum tomatoes, and hot pepper sauce; toss to coat.
12. When pizza comes out of oven, top with avocados and tomato mixture and serve immediately.
And, oh yes, enjoy!