These breadsticks are a great appetizer, but could be such a favorite that you might make a meal out of them.
Twisted Pizza Breadsticks (Source)
2 lbs frozen bread dough, thawed in refrigerator for 24 hours
12 oz jar pizza sauce
1 bag mini turkey pepperonis or other topping of your choice
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat 400F.
- Roll each loaf of dough to ½ thick rectangle on a well-floured surface.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons of pizza sauce over one rectangle of dough. (Just enough to coat the surface or else you’ll have a mess when you reach the twisting step.)
- Sprinkle pepperoni and mozzarella over the sauce and arrange the other rectangle of dough over the top.
- Press the top dough down evenly. Slice the dough into strips about 1 ½ inch wide. Carefully twist each strip of dough and place the breadsticks on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle parmesan and Italian seasoning on top of the twisted sticks.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until tops are golden brown.
- Serve with ample pizza sauce for dipping.